Thank you for your interest in working with Santa Fe Forward! We are currently accepting applications for our Spring 2016 Santa Fe Forward Internship Program.
The Santa Fe Forward Internship Description:
Interns will gain field experience and engage in leadership development activities. Santa Fe Forward internship interns will work directly with the Field Director to create a meaningful, hands-on experience learning about non-profit organizations, how to run a field program, and becoming a community leader. This program teaches interns organizing skills that are crucial to multiple professions including political campaigns, non-profit community organizing, and social activism. This is a 12 week intern program that will run from February 1st, 2016 – April 30th, 2016.
- Must be at least 16 years of age. Incoming high school seniors, college students, and recent high school and college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent organizational, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of how to use social media, and ability to learn new programs
- Interest in social justice, activism, and/or community engagement
- Attend weekly trainings and meetings with the Field Director to learn about and share ideas on community engagement techniques
- Canvassing for SFF’s current issue
- Administrative support
- Individual projects as assigned
|Community Engagement – The Community Engagement Intern is responsible for conducting Santa Fe Forward’s field canvassing operations. Duties include daily door-to-door canvassing, perfecting the communication of our message, yielding petition signatures from community members, and other duties that will be assigned as the program progresses. All interns will participate in a weekly group meeting and a weekly individual assessment meeting. The Community Engagement Intern reports to the Field Director.|
|Voter Registration– The Voter Registration Intern is responsible for organizing voter registration drives and community outreach materials explaining the importance of voting. Duties include coordinating voter registration at events, creating educational content, presenting educational content at schools, developing new ways to encourage young voters, and other duties that will be assigned as the program progresses. All interns will participate in a weekly group meeting and a weekly individual assessment meeting. The Voter Registration Intern reports to the Field Director.|
Santa Fe Forward interns will earn the living wage of $11/hr. It is possible to receive college credit for this internship, depending on your school’s criteria.
To apply: Click here to fill out the online application form, and submit your resume and cover letter email@example.com. The application will close on December 12th, 2015 at 10:00 p.m. Incomplete applications will not be considered.