A week or so ago the Mayor asked citizens to come and give suggestions to bring people back to the Plaza. So the info you see below is from the Plaza Programming Ideas People to the Plaza Programming Ideas Results. My idea for the International Food Market has received the most votes. Oh Happy Day! I know the International Food Market can become a huge event. Also in the Culture section My idea for a You Know You’re Old School Santa Fe day on the Plaza received the most votes also!
Let’s have some fun Santa Fe!
MUSIC – 33 votes
• 11 votes – International Food Market on Burro Alley (Submitted by Santa Fe VIP)
• 6 votes – Mariachi night
• 6 votes – Plaza dances (country night, salsa night, other) Music competitions, talent competitions
• 4 votes – Salsa Night – Music and dancing at least once a week. (this should liven up the plaza and the
• 2 votes – Decade Dances 50’s through the 90’s. (encourage people to dress for a specific decade and play music from that decade)
• 2 votes – Music on the Plaza Health Day (CPR, massage, preventative medicine)
• 1 vote – Marimba Night
• 1 vote – Singles Dancing Night (need more men over 60)
FOOD – 16 votes
• 10 votes – Dinner on the Plaza (areas dedicated on the Plaza with limited tables. One different
restaurant a night will cater their event and ticket revenue will be donated to local charity)
• 4 votes – Food trucks and bandstand nights
• 1 vote – National Food Truck Drive
• 1 vote – Close off Plaza on weekends and invite all food vendor trucks to sell food.
SPECIAL EVENTS – 11 votes
• 3 votes – Halloween parade event (similar to Boulder, Colorado. Competition night with prices donated).
Arty Party Night for Kids (free, summer nights, come by and make things. Bring your own supplies)
• 3 votes – Wrap parties to celebrate the end of a TV series or movie productions and give the locals a
chance to meet some of the stars in those productions.
• 2 votes – MIX and Santa Fe VIP on the Plaza themed event.
• 1 vote – Youth Festival Weekend (chefs, musicians work with local youths prior to this weekend)
Together they showcase their creations.
• 1 vote – Astronomy Night (telescopes, show moon and Jupiter)
• 1 vote – Costume Consortium (theater, film wardrobe and fun) ARS – 9 votes
• 6 votes – Cruise nights on the Plaza. (make permit process more friendly and more affordable)
• 3 votes – Car show on the Plaza
TECHNOLOGY – 7 votes
• 6 votes – Develop web application to show if city parking lots are full or available. (would help cars
driving around to find parking lots open)
• 1 vote -= Free Wi-Fi On Plaza to promote on social media
HISTORY/CULTURE – 7 votes
• 4 votes – “You Know You’re Old School Santa Fe” Group Day on the Plaza (celebrate Santa Fe history and
• 2 votes – Give historical tours of the Plaza to elementary grade students.
• 1 vote – Ethnic culture events (Mexican, Japanese, food, music arts and crafts)
PHYSICAL INFRASTRUCTURE – 7 votes
• 6 votes – Permanent chess boards on the Plaza (concrete tables)
• 1 vote – Open Gazebo
TRAFFIC – 2 votes
• 2 votes – Close X3 sides of the Plaza and Memorial Day with end to Balloon Fiesta from 5 pm to
midnight) but still allow Cruiser Night, costume nights)