Expanding Santa Fe Youth’s International Horizons
FREE information sessions for high school students and their parents.
Saturday, May 14, 9 to 9:30 a.m. and 4:15 to 4:45 p.m. in the SFCC Board Room (Room 223)
Global Youth Santa Fe teaches Santa Fe’s youth what it means to be citizens of a global community. Our goal is to make a difference in Santa Fe by providing participants access to international experts and training in leadership skills.
Over the course of a six-day summer camp, Global Youth Santa Fe participants attend sessions dedicated to various global awareness topics and workshops focused on building intercultural and leadership skills. Participants meet with established leaders in international affairs and understand how global issues impact the Santa Fe community. This integrated form of leadership building ensures that each youth identifies his or her strengths as a potential leader in the community and feels empowered to create change.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MAY 23, 2016
- The Program gives youth opportunities to learn more about important global issues that impact Santa Fe, meet adult leaders with significant international experience, and develop the youth’s service, intercultural, and leadership skills.
- Up to 28 high school participants attend the six-day camp.
- A typical day is the following: global issues topics are in the morning from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. After lunch,intercultural and leadership skills from 1:00-4:00.
- Many afternoon sessions will be held on the Ropes Challenge Course at SFCC
- Arrival at Santa Fe Community College is at 8:45 a.m. Pick up is at 4:15. Please be on time.
- There will be one field trip, speaker, workshop, or panel per morning.
- Most sessions will be at Santa Fe Community College or involve field trips to local organizations or locations.
- High school students can earn dual credit hours for participating in Global Youth Santa Fe by enrolling in HUDV 270 – Service Leadership, for credit at SFCC.
- Classes take place at the Santa Fe Community College
For more information, please contact David Markwardt, 505-428-1637,email@example.com.