Do you wonder what it takes to be a college student? Has it been a while since you’ve been to SFCC? Do you know what kind of career will fit your interests and talents? Are you thinking of going back to college? Do you need to boost your job skills?
Then Find Yourself at SFCC on Dec. 1! Picture yourself behind a camera, running a food truck, becoming an entrepreneur, addressing climate change challenges, teaching children. There’s no limit to where or how you will Find Yourself at SFCC.
Ask questions. Meet faculty. Take a campus tour. Talk with advisers. Check out Student Clubs. Understand how to pay for college. Enroll and register for spring 2016 classes.
Explore diverse academic and career opportunities in more than 100 degree and certificate programs. From sustainability to fine arts, culinary arts to automotive tech, radiologic tech to hospitality, and more, you can talk one-on-one with advisers and faculty about the careers and classes that interest you. College faculty, staff and student ambassadors will be available to answer questions about hundreds of courses.
Event will be held 4-7 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 1, at the Campus Center, SFCC, 4601 Richards Ave. Plenty of free parking. Refreshments will be provided. Free and open to the public. No registration necessary. No application fee.
Many SFCC Programs will be on hand to share information, answer questions and inspire: Media Arts, Solar Energy, Water Treatment, Automotive Technology, Nursing, Respiratory Care, Radiologic Technology, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning, Film, Medical Assisting, Dental, Photography, Legal Studies, American Sign Language Interpreting, Architectural Design, Business Administration, Emergency Medical Technician, Hospitality and Tourism, Leadership, Interior Design, Teacher Education, Early Childhood Education, Fine Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities, Facility Technologies, Biofuels, Sustainable Technologies, Criminal Justice, Ceramics, Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Plumbing, Culinary Arts, Fitness Instructor Training, World Languages, Phlebotomy
In addition, these organizations will participate:
· Welcome and Advising Center (advising, register for classes)
· Financial Aid (scholarships, grants, loans)
· G.A.M.E (Great Achievements in Men’s Education)
· Dual Credit Program (high school + college credit)
· SUN PATH (high school equivalency + health care careers)
· Veteran’s Resource Center (benefits, advising, assistance)
· Counseling Services
· Disability Services
· Library (research, resources, assistance)
· Santa Fe Higher Education Center Partners (transfer from SFCC to bachelor’s/graduate programs)
· Institute of American Indian Arts
· New Mexico Highlands University
· New Mexico State University
· University of New Mexico
· Wellness Center