Virtual LemonAid is a major multidisciplinary digital arts festival leveraging the creative talent of our region to raise critical funds to provide aid and support to those most in need in our community during the COVID-19 crisis.
Tune in to the broadcast on Friday May 8th at 8:00 PM MDT through social media and other channels to be announced!
New Mexico has always been a vibrant beacon of arts and culture. Santa Fe specifically is recognized globally for its diverse and accomplished arts communities — visual, music, performing, culinary, film, and more. COVID-19 has already had a devastating impact on our community, and we fear the worst is yet to come.
A small team of community leaders led by Creative Santa Fe has come together to make a difference. Our team, which includes Noise for Now, Bernlore, Whisper to a Dream, Filmindie, and Rook SEO are hosting a major multidisciplinary digital arts festival leveraging the creative talent of our region to raise critical funds to provide aid and support to those most in need in our community.
20% of all funds raised during the screenings will be split evenly between participating artists. The remaining 80% will be divided between the All Together New Mexico Fund and the Santa Fe County Connect Fund. Both funds will be used to address immediate needs of New Mexicans affected by the Covid-19 crisis.
Northern New Mexico’s Festival for Covid-19 Relief
May 8, 2020 at 8:00 PM MDT
Virtual LemonAid will showcase the extraordinary talent of northern New Mexico to raise support for Covid-19 relief funds. Singers, poets, actors, filmmakers, dancers and performers will all come together to assemble a free show streaming across social media channels and public television. 20% of all funds raised during the screenings will be split evenly between participating artists. The remaining 80% will be divided between the All Together New Mexico Fund and the Santa Fe County Connect Fund. Both funds will be used to address immediate needs of New Mexicans affected by the Covid-19 crisis.
About The COVID-19 Beneficiaries
CONNECT is a great way for neighbors to take care of neighbors in need. Whether you can donate $25 or $2,500, your gift will make all the difference in the world to members of our community who are struggling. 100% of your donation goes directly to people—all administrative costs are covered by City and County funds. Your donation may help a working mother who needs a simple car repair in order to get to her job, a person who is one rent payment away from being stably housed, or a family in need of access to food, among many others. All donations are tax deductible.
CONNECT is a network of navigators at clinics, community organizations, and city and county programs. Navigators are community health workers, volunteers, or social workers who link people to services and resources in our community. Agencies in the network are connected through a shared technology platform enabling navigators to send and receive secure electronic referrals, address residents’ social needs, and improve individual and community health.
Learn more at www.santafenm.gov/connect
THE ALL TOGETHER NEW MEXICO FUND
The All Together New Mexico Fundhas been established to help New Mexico respond to and eventually recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Fund will be used to address immediate needs and offer long-term support for the recovery work that lies ahead.
The New Mexico Coalition of Community Foundations spearheaded the idea and will coordinate the fund. Its member organizations include: the Albuquerque Community Foundation, the Community Foundation of Southern New Mexico, the Santa Fe Community Foundation and the Taos Community Foundation. These organizations will, in turn, work with the larger philanthropic community across New Mexico and consult with the State of New Mexico to determine the most urgent needs to be addressed though grantmaking from the All Together NM Fund.
The Fund will provide a phased response to the pandemic.
First, it will address immediate needs in New Mexico communities, including:
• Procurement of food and medical and cleaning supplies for at-risk communities
• Support for childcare workers who are supporting our front-line employees
• Grants to address income insecurity among smaller businesses and employees affected by COVID-19 disruptions.
• All Together New Mexico has so far allocated $40,000 for Navajo Nation personal supplies (hygiene, disinfectant, etc), and $550,000 has been distributed to statewide food banks including San Juan and McKinley Counties.
Later, the grant making process will shift to address income insecurity among affected workers and businesses and to fill gaps left by the government response. Finally, when the time comes, the fund will support recovery efforts.