New Mexico’s tax incentive program offers tremendous opportunities to film makers locally, nationally, and internationally. We compete with major film centers across the nation and around the world. It can seem complex and overwhelming — but it isn’t.
Eric Witt, current Executive Director of the Santa Fe Film Office, oversaw the design, launch and growth the state’s film incentive program under Governor Bill Richardson, which has pushed New Mexico to the forefront of the film industry. Witt formerly was a production and finance executive for legendary Italian producer Dino De Laurentiis, and was a co-founder of Asylum Entertainment, a multi-platform entertainment design and production company.
He will cover:
– History of the incentive program and New Mexico film production since 2002.
– Challenges and opportunities New Mexico is facing.
– State of the industry, globally, regionally and locally.
– New Mexico-specific opportunities to expand our industry.
– The details: what works, and why our program is effective versus others.
– How do we stay one step ahead — how can the local industry stay abreast of constant industry and initiative evolutions?
4 -7 PM Monday February 5th
Jean Cocteau Cinema
418 Montezuma Ave
Santa Fe, New Mexico