Farmers! Increase your understanding of business practices that will help your farm thrive! Join this two-day, hands-on workshop (FREE to members of the New Mexico Farmers’ Marketing Association) and learn the intricacies of business practices that can enhance your farming operation. The two-day workshop will cover:
• Basic goal setting techniques and analysis tools for your farm
• Understanding key employment issues
• Key financial principles and practices
• Enterprise analysis tools
• Enterprise and business investment tools
• Annual production plan basics
• Marketing plan basics
• Simple strategic plan template for SMART goal development
• Basic risk management analysis
AUDIENCE: Small to mid-size produce, fruit, and flower growers
DATES: Tuesday, December 5 AND Tuesday, December 12.
Attendees MUST be able to attend BOTH classes; this is a two-part training.
TIME: 9 AM – 5 PM (both days)
WHERE: Mid Region Council of Government (MRCOG), 809 Copper Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102.
COST: FREE for members of the NMFMA. A farmer membership is $25/year. Due to limited seating, only one representative from each member farm may attend free of charge. Additional attendees pay $75 (for both days) and will be wait-listed until open registration closes on Nov. 28.
FOOD: Snacks and beverages will be provided. Brown bag lunches are suggested.
REGISTER TODAY at http://ow.ly/fUZw30gHK16