Northern New Mexico LEGO BUILDERS, Show us your skills for our Lego Creations Competition by the Santa Fe Area Home Builders Association and Del Norte Credit Union are holding their annual LEGO® CREATIONS COMPETITION – online for the second year in a row.
This 2021 Lego® Creations Contest is open to kids living in the Santa Fe Area Home Builders Association service territory which includes Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Taos, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Mora, and Colfax counties.
Winners will be chosen from two categories [age 0-8] & [ages 9-12] and this year we will again award a Grand LEGO® Hacienda winner. \
Contestants are eligible to win: LEGO® CLASSIC 484pc. and other Lego Builder sets, Meow Wolf prizes, Santa Fe Children’s Museum activity kits, Somos Unidos (NM United) team prizes, and more!
Submissions for LEGO® CREATIONS COMPETITION can be submitted via the Del Norte Credit Union “SignUP Genius” or on this Facebook event page, and must be received by Sunday night, May 2, 2021.
Legos Building Contest!
We offer a fun contest for families living in northern New Mexico.
Santa Fe Home Builders Assocation (SFAHBA) and Del Norte Credit Union (DNCU) present again this year the Lego Creation Contest for children and young people through the internet and social networks.
We want to inspire and encourage the creativity of the next generation of bricklayers and artisans.
Each contestant in the competition will receive a package with prizes. We thank our sponsors: MEOW WOLF, Somos Unidos Foundation (NM United), and the Santa Fe Children’s Museum.
The competition is open to girls and boys and young people up to 12 years old who live in the counties of Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Taos, Rio Arriba, San Miguel, Mora and Colfax.
* Children and youth are not required to use Legos to enter the competition.
Other construction materials can be used (eg blocks, rocks, sticks, recycled materials, homemade adobe, etc.).
Participants are invited and invited to upload photos of their creations by DNCU SignUp Genius and directly on the event page on Facebook. Announcements of the awards and first prizes will be distributed during a ceremony on May 15 in the parking lot of the SFAHBA offices in a safe manner using gloves, masks, and strict sanitizing routines.
Prizes will be mailed to top prize winners and winners who are unable to travel to Santa Fe.
How does it work?
1) Pull out that tub of Legos (you may also choose to use other types of building materials, such as blocks, cardboard & glue, recycled materials, etc. all are acceptable)
2) Build YOUR CREATION! (One entry per child)
3) Snap up to six photos of your LEGO creation. (You may also upload a short 1 minute VIDEO Tour of your project to this event page.
4) Share the photo of your creation with us in one of two ways: post on this Facebook event page, or us the Sign-Up Genius to receive email upload instructions by May 2, 2021.
*** Narrated video tours of your creation of 1 minute or less can only be uploaded to this Facebook Event Page.
5) Entries must include the 1st name & age of the builder, plus an email, phone #, or other way to contact the parent or guardian.
6) Our panel of expert judges will select the winners which will be announced on Facebook LIVE and at the SFAHBA Builders’ Rendezvous at NOON on May 15, 2021.
We will share photos of your creations on Facebook and Instagram.
We’re looking forward to seeing your fantastic creations!